5 Benefits of Dental Implants
A dental implant is a titanium post that is placed into your jaw bone to replace the root of a tooth. Through a process called osseo-integration, where the implant fuses to the bone, it helps stop or prevent further bone loss in the area of the missing tooth, and the implant itself is used to support a replacement crown or bridge restoration.
“Placing and restoring dental implants is an important part of our practice,” said Dr. Steve Gorman. “We prefer to place and restore these implants ourselves since it requires art and science consistent with our reputation as among the best in cosmetic/aesthetic dentistry in the Twin Cities.”
Dental implants are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement that are very durable and will last a lifetime with good care.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Your Smile: Dental implants are a lifelong solution for missing teeth that gives you back the ability to smile with confidence.
- Eating: Since dental implants are so durable and function like your own teeth, they are ideal for allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence by eliminating the embarrassment of sliding dentures.
- Oral Health: With dental implants, adjacent teeth are typically not altered during the restorative process, leaving natural teeth untouched when possible. If an implant is indicated to replace the missing tooth in a bridge, in the end the patient will gain better access to clean between the teeth after the restorations are placed. This ease of access helps improve your overall oral hygiene.
- Convenience: As mentioned above, dental implants fuse to the jawbone allowing them to become permanent. We are able to use implants to support a full arch denture, which eliminates the hassle of removing dentures and having to deal with messy adhesives to keep dentures in place.
- Look Younger: When natural teeth are compromised or missing leaving the jawbone unused the body begins the process of a facial collapse, which also causes a person to look much older than they actually are. Dental implants can virtually eliminate this process and give you a smile that looks much younger.
Are Dental Implants for Me?
Implant patients are of all ages and implants may be the right choice for anyone missing one or more teeth due to injury, disease or decay, or those who wear removable dentures.
If you think you are candidate for dental implants or would like to learn more about the process call today to schedule your complementary consultation with our dentist in St. Paul at 651-483-5134.