Discover Beautiful, Natural-Looking Veneers
Hear Pam’s story of getting beautiful porcelain veneers with Dr. Steve Gorman.
What are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are carefully shaped micro-thin porcelain restorations that are permanently adhered to the front of your teeth. These are strong, smooth, extremely durable, and more resistant to abrasion and stains than your own natural enamel.
Porcelain veneers are used to solve many cosmetic problems such as misaligned, chipped, gapped, and stained teeth.
Closely partnering with AACD accredited ceramist, Edgar Jimenez, Dr. Steve Gorman creates a one-of-a-kind perspective and awareness that allows us to design and create your smile like no other. From your initial visit to shape and color selection, both Dr. Gorman and Mr. Jimenez have a careful eye on the science, function, and art of your smile design.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Provide a brighter, whiter smile and consistent color
- Create a more youthful appearance
- Improve the shape of your teeth
- Resurface discolored or stained teeth
- Change the position of your teeth without braces
- Close unattractive spaces between your teeth
- Replace tooth structure due to wear, chipping, fracture or decay
- Provide or restore proper bite function in the front teeth
See Before and After Porcelain Veneers Cases
Click on a photo to get a closer look at the before and after.
"I absolutely love my veneers! My teeth are perfectly straight, nice and white, very comfortable, and best of all, natural-looking."
Have Questions About Porcelain Veneers?
- What can I expect during the veneers procedure? Crafting and placing porcelain veneers is a meticulous process that requires teamwork and an excellent eye for detail. At The Gorman Center for Fine Dentistry, here’s a brief overview of our veneers procedure:
- Smile Consultation: The first step is to schedule a preliminary consultation with Dr. Gorman. During this visit, you’ll spend one-on-one time with our dentist to determine if this cosmetic procedure is right for you. We’ll discuss your goals, what you like about your smile, what you don’t like about it, and go over your treatment options.
- Preparation: Then, Dr. Gorman will take impressions (or molds) of your teeth, where he will send it to Edgar Jimenez (our in-house dental lab ceramist). Dr. Gorman will place temporary veneers on your teeth, so you can take your new smile on a test drive while Edgar crafts your permanent veneers.
- Creating Your Veneers: Creating your new smile usually takes about two to three weeks to complete. During this time, Edgar and Dr. Gorman will work together to make sure your smile makeover is truly customized to your needs.
- Placement: Once ready, Dr. Gorman will place your new permanent veneers. He will meticulously check the fit and color of your restorations to ensure it’s perfect.
- Love Your Smile: You walk out of our dental office with a gorgeous smile – meant only for you. Start smiling and show it off!
- Are porcelain veneers permanent? In short, yes. Porcelain veneers are considered an irreversible procedure because it does require Dr. Gorman to remove tooth enamel to prepare for the placement of your permanent veneers.
However, veneers can last for about 10-15 years (even a lifetime!) if you take care of them properly. This means you must:
- Brush at least twice a day
- Floss at least once a day
- Visit Dr. Steve Gorman for your biannual checkups
To receive proper care instructions for your porcelain veneers, please contact us. We would be happy to help.
- Will my dental insurance cover veneers? Because porcelain veneers are considered a cosmetic dentistry procedure, dental insurance does not typically cover the cost.
Please ask us about our flexible plans through Lending Club Patient Solutions Opens in a new window to LendingClub’s website. You can enjoy a selection of flexible plans with low fixed rates and monthly payments – no upfront payment and no prepayment penalty.
We don’t want money to get in your way of the smile of your dreams. Please talk to us, and we’ll be happy to discuss your financial needs and how to make it easier for you.
- Can any dentist do cosmetic dentistry? Any dentist can do cosmetic dentistry. However, it takes a unique set of skills to design and craft a beautiful smile that shows a seamless blend of art and science.
It’s important you find a cosmetic dentist in Minnesota who truly has your best interests at heart. Make sure you read our blog, How to Find Top Cosmetic Dentists in MN (5 Questions to Ask), to help you find your perfect smile makeover dentist.
Dr. Gorman is that dentist. He is accreditated with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) Opens in a new window to Dr. Gorman’s Accredited Member Listing on AACD’s website (only one of nine in Minnesota), which is a testimony to years of experience in complex dentistry, requiring a keen and exacting eye.
He’s recognized nationally for his smile design and problem-solving ability. Clients from all over Minnesota seek Dr. Gorman’s cosmetic dentistry talents to achieve a new smile that’s natural-looking and will last for years to come. If you’re serious about taking that next step, please schedule a consultation with our cosmetic dentist at our North Oaks dental office.
- What do porcelain veneers look like?
Veneers are micro-thin, porcelain shells that are permanently placed on the front side of your teeth. These shells are tooth-colored and can change your tooth’s shape, size, color, or length. They are strong, smooth, extremely durable, and more resistant to abrasion and stains than your own enamel.
Check out our blogs, which provide more details on what veneers look like:
- Even Strangers Can’t Believe How Natural Abby’s Veneers Look [Watch Video]
- What Do Porcelain Veneers Look Like?
- Am I a candidate for porcelain veneers? Yes! If you want to improve your smile, then we’re confident veneers are right for you! Many of our clients love the natural-looking results veneers have provided for them, changing their lives. Read two real stories from our clients who received this cosmetic procedure from Dr. Gorman:
- How veneers restored Erica’s smile after an auto accident
- Minneapolis resident Riley needed a new smile before her wedding day
- Do you offer other cosmetic dentistry services?
Yes, we do! Cosmetic dentistry can give you the smile you’ve always wanted with solutions that include:
- Smile Design
- Prepless Veneers
- Teeth Whitening
- Botox® Treatment
- Instant Orthodontics
- Dental Bonding
- Gum Contouring
The Gorman Center for Fine Dentistry is located in North Oaks and has helped many clients throughout Minnesota communities, including:
- St. Paul
- Vadnais Heights
- New Brighton
- Little Canada
- White Bear Lake
- Lino Lakes
- Twin Cities
- Arden Hills