What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are used to permanently replace one or more missing teeth. Unlike bridges or dentures, this restoration replaces your entire tooth, from root to crown. It is the next best option to natural teeth.
A traditional dental implant consists of a post, which is placed within your jawbone and mimics your tooth root, an abutment, and a crown. The crown is the visible part of your tooth, which will be custom designed to look and feel like your surrounding teeth.
Our implant dentist, Dr. Steve Gorman, holds the highest standards for dentistry. You can feel confident knowing your treatment will be successful, comfortable, and beautiful.
If you want a lifelong solution for your missing teeth or denture problems, schedule a consultation for dental implants with Dr. Gorman today.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Discover why dentists recommend this restorative dentistry treatment.
- Blends in seamlessly with your natural teeth
- Can be used to secure bridges or dentures
- Does not require modification to surrounding teeth
- Not subject to decay and can last for decades with proper care
- Prevents bone loss and that “sunk-in” older appearance
- Allows you to eat your favorite foods again without pain
See Before and After Dental Implant Cases
Click on a photo to get a closer look.
‘‘Being in the dental field, my main concern was how natural my teeth would appear. Now I have great, natural-looking teeth.’’
– Grant –
Trust Dr. Steve Gorman with Your Dental Implants in North Oaks, MN
There are several reasons why patients choose us for implant dentistry.
- We offer the entire dental implant treatment: the placement of the implant post and the custom crown restoration.
- Dr. Gorman’s extensive training and expertise in dental implants typically eliminate the need for an outside referral.
We use modern technology and techniques to accurately and painlessly place your implant post for bone integration and longevity.
- To complete your implant, Dr. Gorman partners with our on-site lab ceramist, Edgar Jimenez. Both of our experts are accredited with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry… This text opens a new tab to Dr. Gorman’s AACD page….
Schedule a free consultation with our restorative dentist to discuss your options.
Have Questions About Dental Implants?
- What are the steps in getting a dental implant?
Here are the typical steps to a dental implant procedure:
- Consultation: First, we must determine if dental implants are the best option for you. We’ll evaluate your oral health, overall health, age, and bone density.
- Placement: A small screw-like post is surgically placed within your jawbone by Dr. Gorman. We will make sure you are comfortable and numb during this procedure.
- Healing: The post and your jawbone will fuse within 3-6 months. Once healed, this sturdy post becomes your new tooth root.
- Restoration: Dr. Gorman and our skilled ceramist will design and place your custom crown. It will look and feel like your surrounding teeth, so only you will know you have a dental implant.
- How painful is a dental implant?
Getting a dental implant is easier and less painful than it sounds. Before we begin, we will ensure your implant site is completely numb. During the procedure, we will continue to make sure you’re comfortable and pain-free. We also offer comforting amenities, such as:
- Cozy blankets
- Warm towels
- Heated neck rolls
- Personal headphones and music
After the procedure, you may feel some tenderness, which is typical of many dental procedures. Over-the-counter pain medication should ease your symptoms. If you suffer from dental anxiety or fear, don’t worry. Dr. Gorman offers sedation dentistry, which will help you relax and take your mind off the procedure.
- Do you offer other restorative services?
Yes! Restoring your smile can be completed in a variety of ways, including:
- Ceramic Crowns
- Metal-Free Restorations
- Inlays & Onlays
- TMJ/TMD Treatment
- Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Laser Dentistry
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation
The Gorman Center for Fine Dentistry is located in North Oaks and has helped many clients throughout Minnesota communities, including:
- St. Paul
- Vadnais Heights
- New Brighton
- Little Canada
- White Bear Lakes
- Lino Lakes
- Twin Cities
- Arden Hills