Periodontal Therapy in Minneapolis
Painlessly treating gum disease.
To have a beautiful and well-functioning smile, you must have a healthy foundation of bone and gum tissue.
When that healthy foundation is jeopardized by gum disease, you’re putting your smile and overall health at risk.
Gum disease is an inflammatory condition, which can cause several health risks, such as:
The Benefits of Periodontal Therapy
Discover how periodontal therapy helped our client, Jerry.
‘‘I feel more comfortable in my appearance. I'd like to thank Dr. Gorman and everybody for their time and efforts that they put into making me a new person. Because that's how I feel right now. People look at me now, and they kind of give me a double look because they see that I'm happy. So now I can go with the rest of my life with a good smile and feeling comfortable about my smile."
Dr. Gorman is seen as a leader in both cosmetic dentistry and periodontal care.
That’s why he’s developed a system that addresses the link between gum disease and the total body, by utilizing lasers and other modern technology. What does that mean for you?
- Your treatment is safe Our diode laser eliminates the transmission of oral bacteria into the bloodstream, improving your overall health. They reduce bleeding and inflammation and stimulate healing.
We’ve used laser technology since 2006 and are continually taking education courses to ensure you’re getting the best technology available.
As a result, your treatments are more effective and comfortable than ever before.
- Increases your treatment success Our practice uses oral DNA testing, which you won’t find everywhere. This enables us to determine your genetic and bacterial susceptibility to gum infections, aiding us in determining the best treatment for you.
- Faster recovery time To speed healing, we’ll complement your laser treatment with a periodontal protect tray system (Perio Protect) to use at home.
It involves wearing a special tray made to fit comfortably over your teeth. Filled with a hydrogen peroxide solution and an antibiotic, it’s proven to help build bone back after gum disease.
Additionally, Dr. Gorman has been recognized by Perio Protect as one of its Opens a new tab on the Perio Protect WebsitePremier Providers.
- Working with your budget We aim to make your experience completely stress-free, so you can focus on healing.
To make your treatment more accessible, we offer flexible payment plans through Opens a new tab on Lending Club WebsiteLending Club Patient Solutions and Opens a new tab on Lending Club WebsiteCareCredit
- Get more done with your budget You won’t have to drive across town to a specialist! Lasers allow Dr. Gorman to perform aesthetic tissue recontouring when necessary, right in our office!
Want to Learn More about Periodontal Therapy?
- What does periodontal therapy entail? Our comprehensive periodontal therapies include:
- DNA testing to assess your genetic susceptibility
- Bacterial testing to determine the exact type and concentration of periodontal bacteria
- Dental laser therapy to kill bacteria and eliminate diseased tissue
- Perio Protect – Locally delivered antimicrobial agents to target bacteria and maintain wellness
- Collaboration with your physician regarding total body health
- How do diode lasers work? Much like washing dirt out of an open wound, lasers kill bacteria and disinfect the deep pocket around the tooth.
They won’t harm any of your healthy soft tissue or dentition. Our goal is to eliminate the transmission of oral bacteria into the bloodstream, improving overall health.
- How does Perio Protect work? Perio Protect is an exciting new product used at home to speed healing and is often used in combination with periodontal laser therapy.
Perio Protect has been proven to help build bone back after gum disease.
It’s a special tray that fits comfortably over your teeth, which you fill with a hydrogen peroxide solution and an antibiotic.
- Can laser therapy treat cold sores? Yes!
If you suffer from unsightly cold and canker sores, in a matter of minutes, we can eliminate the pain and shorten your healing time.
Although the best time for treatment is when you feel the initial tingling of a cold sore or canker sore, you will benefit at any stage in the healing process.
Each treatment reduces the likelihood of recurrence.
- What do I need to do in the future to keep periodontal disease from coming back? You’ll continually be on a periodontal maintenance recall schedule after this treatment. Your appointment recalls could be anywhere from 12 weeks to 6 months.
You can maintain your periodontal health by continuing to follow home care instructions and maintaining your recall appointments.
We also provide a periodontal protect tray system for you to use at home as an adjunct to your home care.
This has been very beneficial to patients who have gone through laser therapy or are trying to maintain their oral health.