What We Love About North Oaks, MN
Spanning 5,484 acres, North Oaks is a private family neighborhood known for its winding roads, cul-de-sacs, and tree-lined streets. Rolling wooded hills, open fields, and wetlands make up most of the land in northern Ramsey County with easy access to Minneapolis and St. Paul.
North Oaks is one of the few private communities in the Twin Cities, and residents love the natural beauty and many lakes prohibiting motorized boats, which are great for peaceful kayaking and canoeing. Miles of groomed nature trails lead through the city’s forest and prairie lands with an impressive 628 acres of conservation area.
- The North Oaks community sits on the original North Oaks Farm, the property of James J. Hill, a well-known financier and railroad builder of the Great Northern Railway (GNR). James J. Hill became known in his lifetime as “The Empire Builder.” In fact, Great Northern Filmworks is creating a new documentary film for national distribution in 2018 on the life and accomplishments of James J. Hill.
- The North Oaks Garden Club hosts a very well attended plant sale every spring, offering a great variety of perennials contributed by local North Oaks residents’ gardens. Experienced gardeners are on hand at the sale to answer questions about your garden challenges. It is an especially popular stop for Mother’s Day shoppers!
- The annual September North Oaks Rummage Sale, put on by the North Oaks Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) Guild II, is currently one of the largest rummage sales in the Minneapolis, St. Paul area. Customers line up with excitement to get the first look. Over the course of 20 years, Guild II has donated more than $2 million dollars to the CHA. Their motto is: “Making a difference… one child at a time.”
People travel from all over Minnesota to see Dr. Gorman
Dr. Steve Gorman has many patients who come to him from communities throughout Minnesota and neighboring states. Patients looking for an expert “quarterback” in their oral health know that there is only one place to go. His years of experience ensure that Dr. Gorman’s knowledge of oral health and natural-looking dentistry make him worth the drive.
Dr. Gorman is an Accredited Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and is recognized nationally for his smile design and problem-solving ability.
Let Our Clients From North Oaks Tell You Why They Chose Dr. Steve Gorman
Heidi had a history of having a near full mouth rehabilitation from 20+ years ago. They were of the porcelain to metal variety and were starting to break down. The unrestored lower front teeth were severely worn and there was gum recession to the point that many of the metal understructures were starting to show at the gumlines. The gum recession also was uneven and aesthetically displeasing.
Heidi knew there was something new we could do, and we were able to restore her full mouth with porcelain-only restorations after doing some minor laser therapy to even up the gums and create natural looking gum/tooth interfaces. Heidi feels her smile is completely refreshed after her full mouth rehabilitation by Minneapolis dentist, Dr. Gorman.
“The quality of care and workmanship of Dr. Gorman and his staff are exceptional. Not only do I have a natural looking smile but I have a healthy smile. Thank you Dr. Gorman.”
– Heidi, North Oaks Patient
Mark never felt confident about his worn yellow teeth and extra gaps. As a businessman with a busy schedule, he needed to be assured that we could give him the results he wanted in a timely fashion without his colleagues being truly aware of what transformation was taking place. With the use of custom fabricated provisional teeth, he was able to try on his new smile while his final restorations were being fabricated in our on-site laboratory.
Now people notice something different about Mark, but they just can’t seem to put their finger on it. Perhaps it is that he smiles more and now shows the confidence he has always had inside.
“My biggest concern was that the results would not be natural and look too perfect, but that wasn’t the case at all. I’m very happy with the results. The conscious sedation medications were great and made the day fly by.”
– Mark, North Oaks Patient
Supporting Our Local Community
We believe in the importance of helping those in need.
Candy Give Back Program
Join in The Gorman Center for Fine Dentistry’s Candy Give Back Program this Halloween by bringing in your Halloween candy as a donation to OPERATION GRATITUDE, a wonderful organization that sends Care Packages and letters of appreciation to US Troops, First Responders, Veterans, and Military Families.
Minnesota Mission of Mercy
A meaningful way for Dr. Gorman to give back to the surrounding community is through the Minnesota Mission of Mercy, where more than 1,000 volunteer dental staff offer no-cost dental care. All volunteers have a common vision: To provide free dental services annually to Minnesota for a three-day period.
"The quality of care and workmanship of Dr. Gorman and his staff are exceptional."
— Heidi, Actual Patient from North Oaks
Are You in the North Oaks Area?
- Tria Tria is an upscale restaurant in North Oaks offering an intimate setting, patio dining, inviting fireplace, and extensive wine list. Our patients love to gather in the cozy bar area to meet friends after work or on weekends.
- Chuck and Don's Chuck & Don’s tagline “We Make Pets Happy” is now making North Oaks pet owners happy because we have a new Chuck & Don’s Pet Food & Supplies right here in our area. We love their wide variety of supplies, and especially their on-location events, such as Dog and Cat Nail Trimming and MN Humane Society Adoption Days.
- BankCherokee North Oaks landmark, BankCherokee, is a great hometown bank with four branches serving the St. Paul area since 1908. We love the personal attention and great service that we receive from their friendly staff. In 2018, BankCherokee’s North Oaks location is celebrating 23 years of outstanding banking relationships.
- Panino's Panino’s is THE local favorite in North Oaks. The restaurant is known for their unique Italian “Panino” sandwich and extensive beer offerings. The combination of fresh food and homemade dough and bread makes this restaurant a weekly routine for many families. We love their summer, warm-weather outdoor seating too!