A Quick Guide to the Place We Love!
St. Paul has risen to fame as one of the most livable cities in America. It’s a great place to live, work, and raise a family. It’s thriving commercial center is committed to fostering a sense of an urban village – warm and inviting.
The Gorman Center is proud to have such a great city as our near neighbor, and we love to visit it! We wanted to share just a few of the things about this fabulous city that we think you’ll enjoy.
- St. Paul has more city shoreline on the Mississippi River than any other city.
- It was formerly known as Pig’s Eye Landing.
- More than 80 languages are spoken in the public schools.
- It’s the home to elegant Summit Ave., the longest preserved Victorian avenue in the country.
- The Dakota Indian name for St. Paul is “Imnizaska.”
What we LOVE about ST. PAUL
St. Paul is made up of unique and charming neighborhoods that have their own fascinating history, landmarks, heritage, and traditions. The recently reclaimed waterfront adds another layer of livability to an already thriving city. Home to both Fortune 500 companies and small privately owned boutiques and businesses, there is a place for everyone.
The deep tradition that flows through St. Paul offers a remarkable sense of belonging, a real sense of place. Having the best of both big city living and small-town traditional values make St. Paul a jewel in the Minnesota landscape.