What Do Porcelain Veneers Look Like?
Are you confident about talking, smiling, and laughing?
If not, it’s likely you are unhappy with your smile and don’t want to show it off. However, that doesn’t have to be the case forever.
In fact, you can achieve a perfectly white and natural-looking smile.
Consistently voted as the best dentist in the Twin Cities area, Dr. Gorman has dramatically transformed smiles with his exceptional Minneapolis dentistry for the past 30 years and is a trusted source of information among his colleagues in the cosmetic dentistry field.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are micro-thin, porcelain shells that are permanently placed on the front side of your teeth. These shells are tooth-colored and can change your tooth’s shape, size, color, or length.
Many of Dr. Gorman’s patients choose porcelain veneers over other cosmetic procedures because they are less intrusive and they can get the smile of their dreams. Porcelain veneers are strong, smooth, extremely durable, and more resistant to abrasion and stains than your own enamel.
This cosmetic restoration can resolve many smile defects, including:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Misaligned or irregularly shaped teeth
- Worn down teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Gapped teeth
Cosmetic dentist Dr. Gorman has been recognized locally and nationally for his skills in mastering the perfectly natural smile. His porcelain veneers before and after results are astonishing! Continue reading to see for yourself.
The porcelain veneers procedure
The porcelain veneers procedure is quite simple. The most important part of its success is to find a highly trained and skilled cosmetic dentist.
As an accredited member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (only one of 10 in Minnesota), Dr. Gorman has proven his 30 years of experience in cosmetic dentistry, and is continually learning and mastering the latest methods and techniques.
Here is a quick overview of Dr. Gorman’s very successful porcelain veneers procedure:
- Consultation: You and Dr. Gorman will discuss your smile goals and a treatment plan.
- Preparation: A very small amount of enamel will be removed from your teeth’s surface to make room for the veneers.
- Creating veneers: An impression will be made of your teeth, which is sent to AACD accredited ceramist, Edgar Jimenez, who will create your veneers while in close communication with Dr. Gorman. This process typically takes a few weeks. If needed, Dr. Gorman can create temporary veneers for you.
- Placing veneers: Dr. Gorman will closely examine and adjust your veneers to make sure your smile looks perfectly natural and exceeds your expectations. This stage involves picking your tooth color and perfecting the shape and size. Dr. Gorman will permanently bond the veneers on your teeth.
- Smile makeover: You will leave our Twin Cities area dental office with a brand new smile. Maintaining your new smile will be no different than before with proper care. Be sure to floss, brush, and get regular dental check-ups.
Porcelain veneers before and after photos
You know the saying, “a picture is worth a thousand words.” We especially believe that to be true when you look at before and after porcelain veneers photos of Scott, a patient at The Gorman Center for Fine Dentistry.
Scott came to us with concern that his small, gapped front teeth looked like “little kid teeth.” His front teeth were getting worn down due to an uneven bite problem, leaving him with smaller teeth than he should have for his face and size of dental arches.
With porcelain veneers, Dr. Gorman was able to fill all the spaces and adjust his teeth to ideal lengths and widths, giving him a perfectly natural and functional smile.
“Dr. Gorman and his staff always put me first. Thanks for a great smile.” – Scott
Seeing is believing! Visit our smile gallery for more porcelain veneers before and after photos.
Are veneers worth it?
We have seen the life-changing impact a beautiful, healthy smile can have on someone – not only in regards to being more confident and happy but aiding in better oral and overall health. We believe veneers are worth it!
Here are some benefits you can expect with porcelain veneers from Dr. Gorman:
- A brighter, whiter smile with consistent color: Porcelain veneers are actually better than your natural teeth when it comes to wear and tear, and discoloration. With porcelain veneers, you can have the white smile you’ve always dreamed of and not have to worry about it disappearing months later.
- A more youthful appearance: Having the appropriate size, shape, and length of teeth can help support your facial structure and make you look younger.
- Avoid orthodontic work: With porcelain veneers, we can change the position of your teeth and close gaps and often avoid the need for metal braces or Invisalign®.
- Retain or change teeth shape: If your tooth is damaged, perhaps from chipping or decay, porcelain veneers can recover your tooth’s shape. If you don’t like the shape of your tooth, you can change it.
- Improve bite function: Dr. Gorman doesn’t just make your smile aesthetically pleasing, he also restores or provides proper bite function, which often relieves patients of any previous jaw or joint discomfort.
With porcelain veneers, you can go from hiding your smile to beaming with confidence. Watch this short video to see another smile transformation with the help of porcelain veneers:
Have a question? Ask us!
The Gorman Center for Fine Dentistry team is happy to answer any questions you have about porcelain veneers or any of our other services. We look forward to helping you start your journey to a fantastic new smile – even if it is just a question for now.